Wednesday 7 December 2005

"I Won't Change You"


I used to change my accent, change my stance

My phone number, the way I dance

Some people change lovers like they change their sheets

But I won't change you honey, you're for keeps



I used to think I had to change the way I am

To feel better, to get a man

But once I stopped trying I fell for you

You fell for me so I'll stay the same for you



Oh yeah I know that I'm not perfect baby

Oh yeah it's no reason to go crazy

Oh yeah boy you can always count on me

For better or for worse I will always put you first



Now that I have found you

You've changed my life

Cos you're the one who showed me

I have everything right

We're never gonna differ cos we know it's true

So don't change me and I won't change you



I used to change my style like I changed my mind

I tried to change a tyre but I'm not that way inclined

Tried to change my figure my diet too

I'll still change my underwear if that's O.K with you

But after seeing you I know that here is best



Oh yeah the world can sometimes make you feel bad

Oh yeah but don't forget the things you have

Oh yeah boy you can always count on me

In sickness and in health baby always be yourself



今天一早不趕上班,

於是有機會聽到這首歌。



英國女歌手Sophie Ellis-Bextor。

在台灣不知道紅不紅?

我真的不確定,很久沒在聽流行音樂。



每天回到家ICRT開著,也只是作背景音效。



不過這首歌的歌詞讓我愛不釋手。



我們不是都曾這樣嘛?

為了愛情什麼都不顧。



為了愛,我們努力改變成對方期望中的樣子。

為了愛,我們也嘗試著改變對方。



我曾聽過一個故事。



男生女生彼此互有好感,

卻還沒有進一步交往。



女生對男生越來越在意,

在意他的行程、在意他的作息。

開始固定打起電話關心,

沒事拿起手機撒嬌。



女生對男生的心,

卻溢出了男生的期待。



於是男生開始慢慢疏離。



女生卻更加沒安全感、

更加掛念更加在意。



於是加速男生的逃離。



....這個故事是不是聽起來很熟悉?



因為愛情不由自主想要改變,

卻沒想到改變的正是情感的本質。



對於愛情,或許我們都是傻瓜。



作回自己吧。

No comments: