Monday 18 April 2011

New phone try out

So I got this new mobile, which is an android, which means it's one of them smartphones, which means it comes with a range of apps to choose from and download and try and then maybe keep or delete them...which basically means it becomes hard to put down the phone.




I'm still trying to get the hang of it as well as trying out the apps themselves. The cool thing about my htc, is that it's not much heavier than my last phone, which is a pleasant surprise. I was eyeing the desire hd before, but was put off by its size and weight. Now am quite happy with this lite version of it. Another surprise is that the usb charging cable has the same specs as the amazon kindle, which is just kinda the cherry on top.

So...about the apps...well, we'll see. The best one I've found so far is fotmob. It's free, gets live score of all the matches for every team that's marked as a favourite and has very detailed stats, but it's about football. Or as the yanks call it, soccer. Which means in Taiwan, it probably would have a much smaller following than, I don't know... say, whatsapp or angry birds. lol

I haven't got the hype about whatsapp yet. Mainly cause the main recipient of my texts doesn't own a smartphone, so this app is kinda pointless for me, as of now. There's another one that claims to work no matter if the other party has smartphone or not, called 31sms. The thing is I tried texting my own UK mobile, and it worked. But when I tried it on my bf's number he said he didn't get it. So there's a bummer. Also the contact list loads up fine but somehow manages got fetch the wrong non-primary number when just selecting from the actual texting screen.

Another that I found pretty cool is a recommendation from an old friend whom I've never actually met. Dropbox it's called. And this one allows the sharing of files with the total volume under 2G over several devices. For me, it's a given. Now when I'm on the road and really bored I can actually work on the translation pieces I have at home. Of course u can upgrade the storage for a fee.

Then there's evernote. Which is also from the same dude, kudos to you, Mike. I work at home mostly but am sure it's handy on the road. Will see about that when I hit the road sometime next week, or month.

Am not gonna yap about angry birds. lol

Am tempted to load videos into my mobile's SD card but can't be bothered about converting the formats. And since I've got my kindle now it's pointless to load on any more books than what's already in it and the *ehm authentically kindle *ehm ones that can be shared by the kindle app.

So I guess it will be mainly about more apps in my smartphone until the day I can be arsed about video formats.

Oh, and this was done with the Blogger app.

也可以用中文,只是懶得用。;)

7 comments:

LYM said...

哪一臺啊
有空交流一下
關於31MS我老婆用過
用沒幾下就移了
因為後來完全收不到
然後Angry Bird我全三星了~
有啥好軟體就推薦吧
記得換launcher1會順一點
有Launcherpro ADW 還有Go
我自己是用Launcherpro啦...
我還刷了機把不要用會拖慢的內建軟體移掉
反正很有趣

meikoyim said...

我覺得dropbox還滿好用的欸...雖然是英文介面但是滿容易的(就是兩處各自建立一個共享資料夾這樣)。
還有就是文中另外提到那個Evernote啊...相當方便。

內建軟體好多我想移都不移不掉 = =

是說如果看的書很多(或者想買的書很多),有個清單軟體不錯:MyBookDroid。跟Goodreads這個網站整合之後還可以連線Kindle的東西,等於全面大整合。Mybookdroid雖然不支援中文書,但是Goodreads這個網站支援(甚至支援誠品網或者博客來的搜尋),所以要找的書可以上網去找到之後,再下載到app裡面。(對不起這完全是書蟲在講話...)

另外我覺得那個BarCode Scanner不錯用。還有個卡路里追蹤的程式我自己是用的很順手...

meikoyim said...

對了我買的是Desire S

還有我文章有講啊,FotMob不錯(對於跟足球消息跟比數來說)

我剩下的軟體大部分都是新聞網頁跟plurk或twitter這類你沒興趣的東西

LYM said...

等root功能吧
這樣就可以把不要的東西移掉了
內建的新聞網頁跟plurk或twitter我都移掉了
如果你重視簡訊的話
可以用SMS backup+
看圖軟體推薦QuickPic
影片軟體推薦MoboPlayer
瀏覽器我用海豚

meikoyim said...

我用內建的瀏覽器(簡單說我不知道那是啥玩意)。沒有不好用所以還不會嫌棄...

我只要簡單的上網、玩遊戲...現在很好用了說。等我想到要什麼特殊功能再來慢慢調整吧...

LYM said...

簡單的上網玩遊戲?
那你應該買iPhone比較好..

meikoyim said...

哈...對哀鳳沒興趣欸...