Monday 31 October 2011

Review: The Dark Fields


The Dark Fields
The Dark Fields by Alan Glynn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I picked this book up almost immediately after watching the movie adaptation.

That was like, two, maybe even three months ago.

During the process I've picked up (and finished) Patrick Süskind's Perfume and a so-called "teen novel" Thirteen Reasons Why.

And a couple trashy Romances.

And two Agatha Christies.

I didn't fully warm up to the story itself way past halfway point, about 54% in. If you ask me, any book that doesn't attract you within the first third, you should ditch it aside. Life's too short to waste on something you don't enjoy reading.

I stuck through this one for a peculiar reason. I do self-destructive things when I'm down, but not self-harm. I write articles that pick on issues I know most people would have an issue with, I read novels that depress me further.

The book isn't bad, it's just depressing.

Watch the movie, this book should be the absolute last resort.



View all my reviews

No comments: